2013 DONATION WISH LIST
The Children of Sakila are being helped by your generous donations. Personal sponsorships of individual children help give them an education and the basic necessities of life. This list is a kind of "wish list" that enables you, as benefactors, to donate in very specific ways to assist the ongoing work in Sakila.
This list describes currently needed items to help build the infrastructure required to support the community in Sakila as a whole, and thus the children as well. If you feel a calling to donate a special item or funding for a specific one of these items, please contact us via the donation form at this link, and specify which needs interest you. Thank you for your support.
GENERAL NEEDS/PRIMARY SCHOOL
- $60-$130 Some of the families consistently need supplemental food. In 2013 we estimate this need can be filled with 500 bags of corn@$60/bag and 160 bags of beans@$130/bag. Each bag is 200 lbs. If you wish to make this a gift to friends or relatives we will send you, at your request, a donation card. Please allow a sufficient amount of time to get your gift card to you.
- $17,000 Storage building for school supplies for both the Primary and Secondary schools
- $5,500 Finish restrooms for the teachers and staff
- $4,500 Covered area with cement floors for teachers
SECONDARY SCHOOL (HIGH SCHOOL)
- $100,000 Administration/multi-purpose building with room for a library and science lab.
- Funding for construction of new outbuildings on the school property. Construction will progress in phases, and the total amount needed is unknown at this time. Any amount of donation would be appreciated.
- Scholarships or partial scholarships for one or more students. Actual cost per student is $75 per month at this level. Our current sponsors are donating $30 per month and very few are able to give more. Supplemental funding is needed.
- We're working on getting cost estimates for dormitories for the boarding students. To begin with we will need two buildings, each of one story and each estimated to house 80 students.